full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 09, 2005

Wrapping It Up

Image hosted by Photobucket.comToday marks my last true day of freedom for a while. Classes start Monday morning, and from then until I drop the pen on my last exam I'm gonna be tied down with the wide assortment of academia that will get thrown at me with due dates. In there I also have to try to find a worthwhile co-op job for the 8 months following this term, and if nothing decent turns up (which is usually the case) I'm going to have to make a decision on whether to find myself something elsewhere, or just plug on and get the remaining courses I need done.

On a brighter note, we are now in prime time of the year for sports. The pennant races are coming around the final bend, the NFL and College Football seasons have opened, with the CFL being in the thick of the season. The european football leagues are all a couple weeks in, and adding to the excitement are the World Cup international qualifiers taking place. The NHL and NBA will follow in a month, along with all the junior hockey leagues, and suddenly we will go from watching the same baseball highlights package twice an hour, you'll get a taste of something new at every turn. I've embraced it with 12 Yahoo fantasy and pick em teams so far, as well as a couple fantasy european football teams elsewhere. I'll probably pick up a couple more yet, likely in hoops, just to fill the void that will be left by baseball in a month.

I should probably consider going out and involving myself in some of these sports on a field, court or diamond somewhere, but the issue these days is always getting people together with the random schedules most students have. And on that note, I have a ton of laundry and books to get shelved and washed irrespectively, or I'll start off my term poorly by using those as excuses not to do my 'learning'.

Once that's done, I'm gonna soak some sun and hope monday doesn't hurry along too quickly.

No comments: