full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 23, 2005

Road Map to Nowhere

Alright, so lets see how this goes...

Today was the earth sciences department "get wrecked day". I got sufficiently wrecked, and am now sitting here trying to put up with the over the top Nancy Grace, 'O'Reilly' style reporting on CNN Newline. In the mean time I had tons of fun watchin a repeat of the ManU Liverpool draw from last weekend, and watchin other people make asses of themselves...

granted I made a similar ass of myself...c'est la vie.

As for the disasters in the south...I don't have the monetary means to do anything, but I feel I have a bit of common sense and understanding of water contamination on my side....but there's not really much I can do about it to get there and help, except cheer for American stubborness and resiliency...

No matter what the results of elections or failed movements, no-one should have to suffer the inevitable, yet avoidable consequences of nature.

Sure people will attempt to call this year a statistical anomaly....but such anomalies I believe will end up relating back to poor use of resources, and overall gluttony of the first world lifestyle, and desire for the scenic paradise way of life, and those less fortunate left in the wake of those with money's departure...

And the same people who call on some divine power, and others, will expect some new miraculous invention of science to save them....but while the oil industry holds back certain advances in the interest of profit, and while funding is witheld, and while we sit rotating on our thumbs...this spinning glob of dirt, gas, and liquid, will be further fucked into the future by pride and ego.

No comments: