full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 10, 2006

1 Hour Unpaid Waste of My Time

I hate unpaid lunches in general. When they're an hour long its even worse. I like to spend as little time at work as possible, regulations on mandatory breaks or no, I tend to circumvent those regulations. When its an hour lunch, and you have to sign in and out of the building, and its unpaid, i.e. not counting towards your 8 hour work day, its frustrating.

Aside from that, the new job's great so far. Nice big open office cubicle, with a nice big open desk for myself. Everyone's friendly enough, although I knew that going in from past employees and having had a couple drinks with some of my new co-workers before. I was worried about the bitch of a drive across the city, but I made the trip twice each way today at what should have been fairly heavy traffic times, and had no issues, besides the one blue hair doing 45 in a 70 and keeping me from getting home.

Bike trails nearby and a barbecue out back will keep me occupied during my hour of free time every day at least, I'll just have to get used to the 9 hour 8 hour days.

Missed the blogger bash the other night, and in doing so, apparently a good time. Life goes on. I'm tired and need beer and beef in the fastest available order.

No comments: