full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 13, 2006

Don't expect me to cry for all the reasons you had to die

Week one of work went down a success, discounting the reality that it wasn't a full week, and despite spending a bittersweet day in the sunshine, but stink of Hamilton. Nothing kicks off a long weekend like spending a day outside in the good weather, and it makes the time roll along smoothly instead of grinding along with nothing to do sitting in a cubicle.

Most of the people I know seem to be taking off to travel the world within the next few months. Work terms in Shanghai, post exam celebrations in the Dominican, post graduation vacations in Europe and Thailand, new work opportunities in Australia. And here I sit still mildy enthusiastic about trips 45 minutes down the road, earning a paycheque in the sunshine, and looking forward to day trips to the beach asap.

Do I want to go to Europe when I graduate, of course. Whether I will have the money still remains to be seen. Can I live without the trip? Absolutely. I'm sure plenty of less expensive alternatives will be possible, but I unlike everyone else from around here do not have some burning sense of imprisonment to escape from this town. I guess I'm just not motivated enough to have a desire to flee.

If work takes a turn for the worse, maybe I'll get to that point, but right now, I have 3 days of religious worship to take part in. My idol, Beer, King of the Booze, son of Hops, born of the Virgin Barley. Only hopefully it doesn't rise again on the 3rd day.

Always look on the bright side of life 'doo-do doo-do-doo-do-doo-do'

No comments: