full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 07, 2006

Busy Ignoring Priorities

This morning I set my alarm for 8:45, and actually managed to be off the futon before 9. The goal: get some studying done for the one exam I have this term for the one course I enrolled in while I was making myself 'busy' doing renovations at home instead of finding a work placement.

Two and a half hours later, I finally had the .pdf of my coursenotes on screen and was almost ready to read them. Once I reached the quarter-way point I decided I needed to get around replacing the strings on my acoustic, and took a walk uptown. Of course getting the strings wasn't enough to satisfy the procrastination so I pulled the remaining old strings, threw on the new ones, tuned up, and played for an hour and a half.

Exams in the past just haven't kicked my ass enough to make me change these ridiculous habits, but I finally returned to the screen and breezed through another quarter of the book, making a few half-assed notes. Combine mundane, common sense course material, with too much subjectivity in marking, and a guy who is really indifferent, and you really shouldn't expect much more. After that the rest of the afternoon and evening was killed with errands and finding some leftover beer from last weekend's bbq, and then trying to figure out what's happening with this whole meet-up in town tomorrow night.

Tony was nice enough to give me a little heads up, so we'll see what happens tomorrow night. But again, if anyone knows of tickets floating around for tomorrow night's show at the Starlight please drop me a line.

Lots of Jesus talk in the past few days too between the Gospel of Judas and a scientific explanation for Jesus walking on water (I swear I came across a more indepth article yesterday, but whatever, you can discuss it here).

The Jays just finished blowing a 6-0 lead and losing 9-8 to the Devil Rays, and I have no reason to live now, so I'm done writing...studying and exam tomorrow, possible concert and blogger meet-up tomorrow, don't expect anything else soon.

No comments: