full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 05, 2006

Great Start

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.comGoing to Toronto was always one of those 'special' events as a kid. An hour and a half trip down the road when you're 6 or 7 years old seems like an eternity, especially when Joe Carter, Roberto Alomar, Pat Borders, Kelly Gruber and so on are at the other end of that trip. But it wasn't just the baseball.

The sheer magnitude of everything in the core of Toronto, and the historical buildings and the energy of that many people squeezed into such close quarters always made for an exciting experience. Being a kid at heart, a bit of that notion is still there every time I visit.

Slap me in the face with your cold April winds of change, let your TTC rails grab my wheels and confuse me to no end while I try to find a decent parking lot. Let your building frenzy of new condominiums around the Dome ruin all my previous visual references for direction in the city, I'll still enjoy the visit.

Let me luck into some awesome seats and a home team win, and you can count on me being back soon. Great start to the season!

No comments: