full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 01, 2006

The Red Meat Barbecue

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.comSome people do silly things like see doctors. Some of those people are told they have minor health issues. In turn, some of those people decide to do something drastic in assuring themselves of a long healthy life. In some cases those drastic actions take the form of irrational thought, and lead a man to become a vegetarian.

Such was the case of Joscelyn who decided in the late summer last year to give up meaty goodness in favour of nothing better than tofu. However, apparently with a clean bill of health, Jos decided a few weeks ago to return to the world of flesh and bone and grizzle and deliciousness. We were all proud to have him back on the wagon, until we found out that he hadn't had any red meat for at least 6 months.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.comOf course that had to be fixed, and so last night's barbecue and bonfire was a re-birth into the world of beef, and I daresay it went over well. The consumption of copius amounts of beer also eased the process, and blurred my memory, like my photos, of what exactly went down, but I've heard no complaints.

And now I'm down to my last week of freedom before I start my new job on the 10th. But I'll be enjoying an acoustic Matt Good concert, at least 2 street-meat vendors in Toronto, the start of a promising season for B.J.'s, and a matchup of the two best pitchers in baseball right now. Pitchers who will spend the season battling for the AL Cy Young, assuming no unfortanate comebackers to the mound. Money, music and meat, now there's reason to be excited.

No comments: