full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 21, 2006

The New Season

Players are selected, pools are in, playoff puck proceeds. That's some special alliteration for Nicholas.

Really though, the most entertaining part of hockey is back. No more useless shootouts, no more silly interdivisional play, and best of all, no more Leafs! The energy is amped up proportional to the stakes and a whole new season is on its way.

I'm just hoping that dropping the extras lets the Avalanche finally overcome the gimmick machine Stars who as far as I know didn't lose a single shootout all year. And if they do go down, I'm hoping that the southern teams are dropped early so we don't have to watch horrible bounces on slushy ice decide champions.

A new season has apparently started at work too. Most of the first week I was stuck in the office with nothing going on, and now there seems to be more fieldwork than people or time to get it done, which means a busier, happier me. To top it off, I've started using my van for work too, and even with gas prices climbing like one of those Acme 'Too Fast' spedometers as Bugs' plane dives towards the ground, I make money on the kilometer...as long as the van lasts thru the next 4 months sans repair.

The hockey games are getting more intense by the second and my thought is goin of the rails like a crazy train so that's all I got for now...

No comments: